Simply Fill In The Blank or Blanks ………………
MLB ____ Baseball
(1) I believe that MLB Commissioner Bud Selig has been good for baseball because ______ ?
(4) The NL needs to have a DH in baseball because _____ ? ..
(6) Should baseball consider realignment for the divisions within the league ?
(7) It’s in baseball’s best interest to adopt a hard salary cap and shared revenue because ____________ ?
Slide show for your perusal .
NBA ____ Basketball
(2) The NBA Playoffs’ format as it now exists is far too long because _______ ?
(3) Stern is over-stressing the point of the league being financially unstable at present because _____ ?
(a) The league has never opened up their financial records for fear that he would be found lying as to the bleakness of the situation .
(b) He fears that a lockout and wants to show the NBPA in a bad light because he believes the players and their union to be greedy .
(c) A & B jointly
(d) State your own answer
(6) How would you prefer to see the league MVP adjudicated ?
(a) By players and coaches
(b) Let the system remain as it is
(b) They have the best player in the league
(c) Combination of a & b
(d) It’s their time
(a) It’s what fans will want to see
(b) They’re by far the two best teams
NFL ______ Football
(1) Who’d you say is more to blame with regard to the NFL lockout ______
(2) NFL league hierarchy led by Roger Goodell
NFL team owners and league hierarchy led by Goodell
(3) As commissioner of the NFL do you believe that Roger Goodell has done a commendable job so far ?
(5) If there’s to be a season within the NFL do you feel that the season should be elongated or shortened to meet the customary schedule as planned ?
(6) Of the teams mentioned below which one to your mind will end up having the worse record in the league ?
(7) Of the players mentioned who to your mind is liable to have the most successful rookie season ?
(b) The defense simply isn’t as good as advertized
(c) Rex Ryan will prove to be too much of a problem rather than an asset
(10) The first NFL managerial casualty of the season will be _________________ ?
(11) The best ran franchise in the NFL has to be __________ ?
(12) With Judge Susan Nelson now siding with the NFL players in the mediation process do you feel that the situation is now over and why ?
(c) Neither side has won anything at this juncture because the ruling can be appealed and overturned in the US Federal Appellate Court
Picture gallery for your perusal .
I trust you’ll have enjoyed the questions posed within this piece ? And I look forward to reading your answers .
Alan aka tophatal ……………………….
Picture and slide show details below .
(1) MLB Commissioner Bud Selig seen here at a press conference in front of the convened press . AP Photo
(2) Roger Clemens arrives at Federal Court December 8, 2010 in Washington, DC. Clemens, a former Major League Baseball pitcher, appeared at court for an interim status conference on charges he lied to Congress during a hearing on the use steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. Getty Images/ Brendan Smialowski ……
(3) Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt speaks during a Dodger Stadium security news conference at Los Angeles Police Department headquarters on April 8, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. It was announced that new security measures will be implemented at Dodger Stadium after San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was attacked in the parking lot after the season opener at Dodger Stadium. Kevork Djansezjian / Getty Images North America ……
(4) NBA commissioner David Stern, left, presents Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James with the 2008-2009 NBA Most Valuable Player trophy before the Cavaliers’ Eastern Conference basketball semifinals game against the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday, May 5, 2009, in Cleveland. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan ……
(5) Derrick Morgan from the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets poses with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as they hold up a Tennessee Titans jersey after the Titans selected Morgan number 16 overall during the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 22, 2010 in New York City. Jeff Zelevansky/ Getty Images…
(6) Mark Sanchez (6) of the New York Jets throws a pass against the Buffalo Bills during the game on October 18, 2009 at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Getty Images /Jared Wickerham ……
(7) Quarterback Garrett Gilbert (3) of the Texas Longhorns tries to tackle lineman Marcell Dareus (57) of the Alabama Crimson Tide who would score after intercepting the ball during the second quarter of the Citi BCS National Championship game at the Rose Bowl on January 7, 2010 in Pasadena, California. Getty Images / Kevork Djansezjian …..
(8) (L-R) Quarterback Chad Henne (7), coach Tony Sparano and running back Ricky Williams (34) of the Miami Dolphins look on from the sidelines against the Detroit Lions at Sun Life Stadium on December 26, 2010 in Miami, Florida. Marc Serota / Getty Images ….